Membership & Tuition Fees (adults & teens)
Once you’ve completed your 2-week starter pack (see Getting Started), you can continue your training by becoming a member of Aikido Kenkyukai International (AKI). Membership entitles you to exclusive benefits including discounted tuition fees, opportunities to grade, invitations to AKI seminars, and the chance to study Aikido in Japan or in other countries throughout the AKI network.
- AKI Membership: $110 (adults) / $80 (teens/concession) per year
You can then choose from the range of tuition fee options below depending on how often you’ll be training. The concession rate is applicable to teenagers, full-time students, and those experiencing genuine financial hardship.
- attend as many classes as you like per 3-month term (up to 60 classes)*
- fantastic value for regular students with savings of up to 75%
- most economical if attending 2 classes per week or more
- $425 per term (approx. $33 per week) or $319 concession (approx. $25 per week)**
- a flexible, low-cost alternative for students with less predictable schedules
- most economical if attending 1 class per week
- valid for 3 months from date of issue for up to 10 classes***
- $195 or $146 concession
Visitors from other dojos
- are welcome to train by appointment only
- are required to complete a membership application
- must be a current and active member of another Aikido dojo
- $20 daily mat fee or $40 per week (unlimited beginners/intermediate classes within a 7-day period)***
- Research classes are $20 per session, or $15 on the weekly rate****
- by arrangement with your instructor
* Research Classes and Occasional Special Training with guest instructors not included in Term Pass rate.
** Aikido Sydney City is closed for 2-3 weeks over the Christmas/New Year period, Long Weekends and Public Holidays.
*** Occasional Special Training with guest instructors not included in 10-class Passes or Visitors Rates.
**** Eligibility for Intermediate/Research classes requires high-level ukemi and sensitivity, and is at the Instructor’s discretion.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the student’s responsibility to carefully observe expiry dates of 10-class Passes and Term Passes. Tuition fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable, and extensions will not be provided. Exceptions may be made on an individual basis in case of temporary or permanent physical incapacity verifiable by a medical certificate. Term Passes and 10-class Passes include discounts on the standard (Visitor’s) rate of $20 per class in return for the student’s commitment to a minimum 3 months’ training (the period of validity of the Pass). As such, where there are valid grounds to terminate a Term Pass or 10-class Pass before the Pass expires, the amount to be reimbursed will be determined by applying the standard rate of $20 per class to any classes already provided within the period of the Pass, and deducting this figure from the amount paid for the Pass. In the case of Membership Fees, the standard rate of $14 (adults) / $10 (teens) per calendar month or part thereof applies. An administration fee of $20 applies to the processing of all reimbursements.